Trichomoniasis is a sexually transmitted disease that is very common among sexually active individuals. Luckily, it can be treated easily. However, in most cases, trich has no symptoms. When trichomoniasis symptoms do show up, they are very hard to notice. These symptoms also come and go. Therefore, most people do not know they have Trich. A study determined that out of ten people who have trichomoniasis, seven of them will have no symptom. Nevertheless, symptoms can occur, however mild, in both women and men between the third and the twenty-fourth day after the infection has occurred.
Trich symptoms that are common in women include:
- Discharge in the vagina is one of the most common signs of an infection. The discharge can have different colors ranging from white, yellow, gray and green. Typically, the discharge will also have a foul smell and a frothy look.
- Any spotting in the vagina that does not equate to periods should be taken seriously. Therefore, any unusual spotting or bleeding can be a sign of trichomoniasis.
- Apart from bleeding, if the genitals have a burning sensation or if they have some itching effect, it could be a sign of trich.
- The genitals can also experience swelling. As a result, the genitals can have redness which is also a sign that you might have a trich infection.
- Women with Trich tend to have frequent urges to urinate. Therefore, if you are urinating more than usual, this could be a sign of trichomoniasis.
- Apart from urinating frequently, pain during urination is another sign of a trich infection.
- If sex suddenly becomes painful, that can also be a sign of trichomoniasis.
The most common Trich symptoms in men include:
- Discharge from a man’s urethra. If a man notices discharge from their urethra, it could be an indication that they have been infected by trichomoniasis.
- Just like in women, a burning sensation during urination be a sign that a man has the trich bacteria.
- Additionally, the urge to urinate increases once the trichomoniasis bacteria have infected a man just like in women. Therefore, frequent urination is another symptom of trich.
- If a man ejaculates and experiences sex in the process, they should get tested for the trichomoniasis bacteria.
Regardless of the many symptoms that have been outlined above, the best way to know for certain if you have the infection is to get tested. Additionally, the disease can be spread easily whether the symptoms are evident or not, thus, getting tested is the best solution to treating a trichomoniasis disease.